I went to the doc a couple days ago. Seems that my cholesterol and triglyceride levels are high. Especially the latter. No reason for it at all, it seems. I exercise. I eat right. I could take in less sugar, but I don't eat THAT much anyway. So the doc wants me to take Crestor. Joy! (not.) I hate taking anything.
I've been praying about it. This was a bit of a blow. This apparently makes me a candidate for CAD (coronary artery disease). With the other heart issues I've had of late, the doc even thinks it possible that I may have some plaque buildup in my arteries, which is making my heart have to work lots harder, which is tiring it out. I've asked the Lord to just take care of those issues, to have the medication work so I can go off of it, to give me more energy and strength to work out more often and to lose 10-15 pounds. I'm not that overweight... at 5' 6", I weigh 142.
Oh, and that's another thing!! I was measured at 5' 4¾" tall since I was in 8th grade. When I was 20, I was still that height. Now, at this last doctor visit, they showed me at 5' 6"!! What the---? Anyhoo, I would like to lose 10-15 pounds because maybe I'd feel better.
Spent some times in Psalms today. Read chapter 40:1-3 to get a taste (and read it all from your Bible if you get the chance!!):
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the LORD.
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the LORD.
I love you.
A.
0 comments:
Post a Comment